Thursday, September 5, 2013

Anichebe: Osaze thought me about West Brom


West Brom new boy Victor Anichebe has said ‘The Baggies’ outcast Osaze Odemwingie convinced him to make his big-money switch from Everton

Anichebe said past discussions with his fellow Nigeria international persuaded him to make the move after 15 years at Goodison Park.

Odemwingie finally ended his Hawthorns nightmare on Monday with a £2.5m transfer to Cardiff after a major bust-up with Baggies officials, just as Anichebe completed a move that could cost £6m.

The 25-year-old said: “I’ve spoken to Peter in the past and, no matter what people say about him, he has always had good words to say about the club.

“He has always said what a good club it is – a family club. Hopefully, I can help the club by playing well for them and I’m happy to be here.”

And
Anichebe said he believes West Brom could see the best years of his career after he enjoyed his finest spell at Everton at the end of last season.

He netted eight times for the Toffees last term – his top return in the first team.

And he said: “Hopefully West
Brom is where everyone will see the best of me.

“I think people started to see what I can do last season, when I chipped in with some goals and had some consistent performances.

“I was a consistent performer and played most of the goals so hopefully I can carry that on into this season and do well for West
Brom.”

MTNFOOTBALL


twitter @aderonkew

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...