Friday, March 18, 2011

Shock as UEFA slap Jordan with ban... for being the victim of a headbutt!...FOOTBALL AND POLITICS HABA!

Tottenham coach Joe Jordan has been hit with a one-match ban by UEFA — for being the victim of a headbutt
Arsene Wenger and Samir Nasri, who clashed with referee Massimo Busacca after Arsenal’s defeat by Barcelona at the Nou Camp, will also miss their club’s next match in Europe. The Arsenal boss will receive an £8,700 fine
Jordan is set to play no part in the first leg of Spurs’ first ever Champions League quarter-final after UEFA punished him for ‘incidents’ in the 1-0 win over AC Milan. Under UEFA rules, he will be banned from the touchline and dressing room, and from communicating with the team.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said: ‘It’s scandalous really. What’s he done? It’s crazy. He will be choked (about missing the first leg). He doesn’t deserve that. It’s pathetic, unbelievable
‘Of course I will miss him (on the bench). It’s good to have someone else there.’
Jordan clashed with Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, who has been banned for four matches after grabbing the 59-year-old by the throat and headbutting him
Gattuso claimed Jordan had insulted him and called him a ‘f****** Italian b******’, but the Scotsman, a former Milan player, vehemently denied this.
And Redknapp added: ‘Joe’s done nothing wrong. He would never say anything racist and  he denies that completely.’


Sportsmail understands Jordan was completely honest with UEFA and admitted to telling Gattuso to ‘f*** off’ when the Italian initially charged at him. Tottenham have three days to decide whether to appeal.
Speaking before the announcement, Wenger expressed particular annoyance that UEFA did not let him attend the meeting of its Control and Disciplinary Body in person and indicated that he planned to appeal against the ruling
He said: ‘I expect to be punished because they will only do a meeting like that to punish people. In fact, it’s like when you’re caught by a policeman
‘(This is) one of the very few times that I feel I don’t deserve it because I don’t feel I did anything wrong.

‘I have no chance to speak my mind and I will have to accept it, but frankly I don’t feel wrong and you don’t feel at ease if you know you have done nothing wrong
‘I don’t even listen to what they have to say because I know what I’ve done and said. I don’t feel in this story I will have to be the one to be punished.’

SOURCE:here

Sportdiva says, Headbutt a senior citizen and the latter gets a ban. Absolute insanity; As we saw on TV, Joe Jordan was head-butted by Gattuso. UEFA has some odd standards if the victim of an assault receives a one-match ban a month later. It now looks like UEFA has some hidden agenda to penalise English clubs at all costs. What a bunch of losers they are.

FOOTBALL IS POLITICS GLOBALLY...LIVE WITH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...