Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Transfer News: Fernando Torres set for Jose Mourinho talks

Fernando Torres: Ready for talks with new boss 

Fernando Torres has brushed off speculation linking him with Barcelona by insisting he is looking forward to hearing Jose Mourinho's plans for him.
 


Speculation surrounding Torres refuses to go away, with Chelsea's interest in a new striker seemingly leading many people to presume that the Spaniard will not be in Mourinho's plans.

Mourinho has even admitted in recent days that Torres's form for Chelsea had been 'so-so' but the striker is ready for talks.

"I look forward to talking with Mourinho and to know what plans he has for me," Torres, who is with the Spain squad at the Confederations Cup, told Onda Cero.

"The first thing I am aware of is he will expect much more from me, I expect more from me. Now I have pressure Mourinho adds and that's a challenge for a player."

Asked about his links with Barcelona, he insisted there was nothing in it, despite his own personal relationship with their president.

"I have known Sandro Rosell for a long time," he said.

"There is a personal relationship, but nothing more than that. My head is now in the Confederations Cup, immediately after that Chelsea.

"I want to talk with Mourinho and then prepare for the coming season."





SKYSPORTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...