Sunday, July 3, 2011

Djokovic's first Wimbledon crown: As it happened...Match Breakdown

below is the breakdown of the match
16:58: The champ speaks A first ever Grand Slam win over Nadal, Djokovic is ecstatic. "It's really hard to describe this with words but it is the best day of my life," he says. "I've always dreamed of this. Thank you all for coming and making this day even more special. That's probably my best match on grass. I would like to congratulate Rafa for having a great tournament." That has ended Nadal's 20-match winning record at Wimbledon.
16:54: A gentleman as ever Nadal takes defeat in his stride despite the on-court mike appearing to breakdown. The Spaniard is still smiling. "I'd like to compliment Novak for his performance today and his amazing season," he says. "Wimbledon is the most special tournament. I can imagine how Novak feels."

continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...